Location: Bucks County, PA
Home Gym: my own home!
Contest Weight: 145 to 147
Off season Weight: 155 to 165
Joe has dedicated his life to health and fitness for the past 25 years, and has been involved in competitive bodybuilding since the 1980’s. During this time, Joe received his Bachelor Degree in Exercise Physiology from Temple University, and personal training certification through ACE. Joe’s personal training business, F.I.T. (FitFranco.com) was started in 1996, and his competition prep (TeamFrancoBodybuilding.com) for others began in 2000. Ever since then, Joe has work with 100’s of competitors and those who want to desire to improve their fitness! He coaches people of all levels.
His training philosophy for contest training and preparation deals with two factors:
- The intensity of workouts must be there to reach your goals.
- You have to take an intelligent approach to your training and contest preparation.
Joe continues to compete, and is an OCB natural pro bodybuilder. In addition to competing, he promotes three bodybuilding and figure competitions a year through the OCB since 2006.
How I Got Started
It was back in the mid 1980’s when I was first exposed to bodybuilding. At that time my brother was really into working out and he entered his first bodybuilding shows The funny thing was, I was the guy helping big bro backstage at the ripe age of 14! In addition, I became obsessed with following the IFBB pro of that era and prior to. My bible was Arnold’s Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding. Well, as the old story goes, I followed in his footsteps.
My first competition was back in 1990. I was 19 and show day was my birthday. I don’t even remember the name of neither the show nor the federation. But I do remember that it was I and another guy battling it out, LOL. The kicker was the fact my opponent was turning 20 the next day. And he looked it. So in a nutshell he beat me. There after I took a few years off from competing and picked things up again in 1994, and did four more shows in the 1990’s. And the rest is history!
- 2012 IFPA Pro Bowl – 3rd Place lightweight class
- 2009 IFPA Cape Cod – 1st place lightweight class
- 2007 IFPA Yorton Cup Pro International – 7th Place
- 2006 OCB Battle of The Swords
- 1st Place Bantamwieght Class, 1st Place Overall, Won Pro Card!
- 2005 OCB Pride of the Atlantic, 1st Place Short Class, 1st Place Overall and Best Poser Award.
- 2000 USNBA NJ Natural Body Building Championships, 1st Place Lt. Wt. Open, 1st Place Overall.
- 1998 USNBA NJ Natural Body Building Championships, 1st Place Lt. Wt. Open, 2nd Place Overall.
- 1997 N.P.C South Jersey Natural Body Building Championships, 1st Place Lt. Wt Open.
- 1996 USNBA NJ Natural Body Building Championships, 1st Place Lt. Weight Novice & Novice Overall.
Achieve your fitness goals.
Whether you’re looking to step on stage, or simply get in the best shape of your life,
I’ll help get you there with a smart, healthy approach.